1 About this Policy.
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- In the event that inaccurate data is recorded, such inaccuracies when reported to S&HAA will be amended by the Club and any other relevant parties. However, members will have the opportunity to update and amend data themselves online from the member portal within Clubmate.
- We will always use our best endeavours to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
2 Who are we.
We are Sturminster and Hinton Angling Association (S&HAA), referred to herein as the Club. (Under GDPR, S&HAA are the “Controller” of member data)
3 What information we collect and why
- We collect Member’s name, postal address, date of birth, telephone numbers and email address to enable the Club to manage your membership of the Club in accordance with the various categories of membership available.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data. Members who choose not to access their own data through the member portal of Clubmate can request either verbally or in writing to access their data and S&HAA will respond within one month of the request. All requests will be directed to the Association Secretary who will respond within the timescale. A record will be kept for management purposes of each request received.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please note that if you elect to have your personal data erased this will immediately terminate your membership at no cost to S&HAA)
Images & Video
- Images uploaded to Clubmate via the members’ portal for the purpose of inclusion within your membership ID card are processed by Digital id a professional partner of Clubmate Ltd.
- Images included within paper applications will be destroyed after being scanned and uploaded to the Clubmate system.
- For images and videos published for the purpose of promoting the Club we will seek the Member’s consent prior to taking and subsequently using any images. Parental consent for Members under 16 years of age will be obtained prior to any photos or videos being recorded where children may appear. Consent relating to photos or videos may be withdrawn at any time by contacting the Club by email.
4 Banking and payment card information.
- We do not store any payment card or banking information, financial transactions are processed by a third party payment provider Stripe who are fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- In compliance with new Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations we don’t take bank card details over the phone, face to face or via post.
5. How we protect your data.
- Data is stored within a third-party management platform called Clubmate. Clubmate Ltd have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safe guard and secure data. All club & member information is stored & maintained with multi-layered security provided by Microsoft Azure across physical data centres, infrastructure and operations. When data is transferred between the Clubmate server and the user’s computer SSL technology is used to protect it. No sensitive financial information (bank details, debit or credit card information etc) is ever seen, stored or transmitted by the Club or Clubmate. This data is always held securely by regulated payment partner Stripe.
- We will notify you promptly in the unlikely event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Where a Member suspects a breach of data protection has arisen, the Member must immediately bring this to the attention of the Association Secretary.
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we control your personal data to the Information Commissioner. For more information visit www.ico.org.uk
6. Who else has access to the information you provide?
We will never sell or rent your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where we are required to do so by law or as set out above.
7. How long do we keep your information.
- We will hold your personal data for as long as you are a member of the Club and for as long afterwards as it is in the Clubs’ legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether it can continue to be processed.
- Information held for members who don’t renew their membership will be deleted from the database at the latest 60 months following their lapsed membership with any written material also appropriately and securely destroyed.
- When details are entered into the Clubmate account and no membership is purchased this data will be deleted after 60 months.